Saturday, October 04, 2008









OPENINGS:
ONDA SHOW IN LAKE OSWEGO
FEATURE STORY IN THE TIMES
(Top-'Reflection' copper repousse',
Bottom-'Spring', screening sculpture)

It’s been a week of new opportunities and experiences. I was part of a group show at a new gallery, ONDA. And I was interviewed and had an article about me published in a local paper.

The “Celebrating Nature” show at ONDA in Lake Oswego this month is a benefit for the Friends of the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. A local wildlife sanctuary located along the Tualatin River that is home to a wide variety of animals and birds including eagles, great blue herons, egrets and more. At the opening I met many new people including fellow artists and volunteers at the refuge.

The Times, a local community newspaper, called to do a story about me and my participation in this year’s Portland Open Studios Tour. This tour, which is in its 9th year, is an opportunity for people in the community to watch artists at work in their studios. For me, working in my studio is a solitary activity and this is my chance to share my process with the people in my own neighborhood. When the article came out on Thursday, it was amazing to see my picture in the paper. And I felt a little shy, but I was glad to have this wonderful opportunity to be featured in a local paper.

Check out the ONDA show online at Oswego@ondagallery.com
And check out The Times article online (no picture of me or my art, unfortunately) at
http://www.tigardtimes.com/features/story.php?story_id=122281721230808800

No comments: