Sunday, December 21, 2008










Let it snow,
Let it snow,
Let it snow!!


It’s still snowing and we have up to 8” of fluffy white stuff, here in rainy Portland, Oregon. I can’t believe it. We’re going to have a White Christmas here where Christmas’ are normally grey and rainy. It’s so beautiful to have a winter wonderland right outside my window.

Yesterday, I took my usual walk with Jilly, my yellow lab, and took pictures of the snowy scenes around the lake. Yes, it was cold. Yes, it was wet. But it was delightful all the same.

Home again, my husband and I put a beef stew in the oven. While rolling candy dough into balls, we sipped eggnog lattes and watched the classic movie, ‘White Christmas’.

The tree twinkled in the corner. The snow continued to fall softly outside. Since we’ve no place to go, let it snow!

No comments: