New years resolution:
I know it sounds bad, but bear with me. I'm started this new year with a broken wrist and my arm in a cast. If you've read the last two posts, you'll know that I've learned some new things about my old way of life that need to be changed, rearranged or dropped entirely.
(season series: Winter)
So here goes:
- I QUIT...trying so hard and pushing myself to exhaustion.
- I QUIT...multi-tasking, rushing around to feel 'productive'.
- I QUIT...scheduling my life around other people's schedules.
- I QUIT...measuring my hips and thighs.
- I QUIT...disecting my past and present to try to prevent future mistakes.
- I QUIT...letting fear run my life.
- I QUIT...eating fake food.
- I QUIT...buying into any fear-based drug, food or health information.
- I QUIT...blaming myself for other peoples problems.
- I QUIT...taking everything and everyone so seriously.
- I QUIT...solitude and solemnity in my creative life.
- I QUIT...to do lists.
- I QUIT...career goals, money goals, health goals, parenting goals...any goals.
- I QUIT...listening to my Inner Nun that I never measure up. Break her ruler and the rules.
Long list, I know. But the short version is to make this year, a truly new year. Say goodbye to fear and hello to comfort, joy and honest desire. Wherever that may take me with my life.
What would you add to the list? Go ahead...be brave...I QUIT...YOU CAN TOO.